Thursday 22 March 2012

Bungay Library Medicine Bed

I meet a lovely group of Norfolk and Suffolk boarder folk on Sunday to encourage them to adopt one herb each from the Sustainable Bungay Libray Medicine Bed. I really enjoyed taling about sustainable herbal healthcare and getting us all to draw our adopted herbs. I will be using my learnings with the allotment group in the warming months.
Thanks to Mark for inviting me.
His write up is below copied from http://www.energybulletin.net/stories/2012-03-19/getting-connected
The Plants for Life events have really taken off. We began by Connecting with Our Roots in January and learned about Growing Organic and Biodynamic Herbs in February. And yesterday, local medical herbalist and transitioner Dan Wheals, showed us how to Adopt a Herb.
We each chose one particular plant to pay attention to, the one we were most drawn to, then everyone made a drawing of the plant and then took it in turns to speak our impressions of it out loud. It was magic. And totally absorbing.

Dan guided the whole process so gently I only realised when I'd got home just how much went on in those few hours. I had no idea Lesley or Richard could draw like that, or that Charlotte, who I've been living (and working with plants) with for years, knew that about parsley! Jeannie's enthusiasm on discovering herb Robert was completely infectious and reminded me of finding it for the first time myself all those years ago...
So what about me and my personal relationship with plants? Well, it's there, but I'm much more happy to bring, share and swap and join in with other people these transition days.
Dan Wheals shows us how to connect with the plants, March 2012 (CDC); Richard's rosemary flower drawing March 2012 (MW)

1 comment:

  1. Such lovely feedback ! Well done Dan sounds absorbing and revelatory too.
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete